[Evergreen-governance-l] Basic rules of governance draft

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 2 15:27:39 EST 2011

Hi,

On Mar 2, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Lori Bowen Ayre wrote:
> I'm just wondering if there should be something more in the board responsibilities about whatever committees/task forces/etc do in the name of the community...  Maybe not but it seems funny to establish that the Board will only step in if the committees ask for help.  Is that really what we want?  I'm sorry I don't have a good suggestion for how to change that language but it still doesn't seem quite right.

Well, having the board being available to step in if there is a problem or a dispute seems like it would be enough, at least to start -- after all, none of the current teams required a board to get started, just good old fashioned volunteerism and discussion.  Of course, if a working group were to completely fall apart or disband, the board might take action to replace it or get it back on course, but it's not my impression that we're running any real risk of that at the moment.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton