[Evergreen-governance-l] Governance: two outstanding action items

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Mar 8 15:21:17 EST 2011

Dan,

They document looks good to me.

I notice Dan has provided the wiki page (
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=governance:list_of_people_who_will_sign_the_fiscal_sponsorship_agreement)
for
us to pro-actively sign up (or request to be signed up) so maybe that will
weed out any people who haven't been following/participating over these past
several months.  I think this is a better approach than using the list that
began at the last conference.

I think this way we'll end up with a committed and active board and it will
help ensure that we actually achieve a quorum for our quarterly meetings!

Lori

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:

> In the interests of trying to make some more progress before our next
> Governance meeting next week, there are two outstanding action items
> that the Governance Committee needs to address as we work towards the
> Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement with the Software Freedom Conservancy:
>
>  1. Identify any must-have amendments to the latest draft of the Rules
> of Governance (sent on February 25th to this list). I hope we can send
> the agreed-upon rules of governance to the General list for feedback
> before the Evergreen conference, but time is rapidly disappearing.
>
> To date, Galen, Lori, Amy, Steve, and Jim have provided some responses.
> These were not necessarily complete responses, so if you have any
> follow-ups or anything further to discuss, please... let's get it out on
> the list so that we can make the most effective use of our Governance
> Committee meeting next week.
>
> As a reminder, the 2011-02-25 draft is available from the Rules of
> Governance section on the Governance Committee wiki page at
> http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=governance:structure
>
>  2. Put together a list of the people who will sign the Fiscal
> Sponsorship Agreement - and if necessary, the organization on behalf of
> which they're signing and why they need to sign on behalf of an
> organization instead of as an individual. I've added a stub document at
>
> http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=governance:list_of_people_who_will_sign_the_fiscal_sponsorship_agreement
> that anyone can fill out, but if you don't have a wiki account or don't
> want to deal with the table format, you could just respond to this
> email.
>
> Is there anything else that's outstanding on our list of action items?

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group // www.galecia.com
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling