[evergreen-outreach] Annual Report proofing copy

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:42:15 EDT 2018

Thanks Galen!  One thing I've noticed is that as Kathy and I have both
worked on the document that her system has changed fonts and when doing so
sizes and styles change also.  Well, rather Kathy and I have both noticed
it.  However, the effect has been more dramatic than I realized at first.
Galen correctly guessed this in one of his comments and it's the cause of
several others.  So, things like text boxes that made sense when I last
looked at them now are nonsensical and cut off in the middle!  It also
caused things like the Evergreen logo to suddenly overlap text where it
didn't before.  It has also affected things like line spacing.  This
behavior on Scribus's part is concerning and it means I need to go back
over every page for consistency.  I have appointments tomorrow and I want
more eyes on this so I'm going to go ahead and work in Galen's feedback and
put out a new PDF (to be attached to this email).

Galen noted several places where colors were too close and edges were too
close.  Some of those I had noticed or was on the fence about but was
waiting for major layout to be done to address so please continue to send
feedback about those sorts of things.  Little things like that can make a
big difference in final presentation and I've stared at this enough that
fresh eyes can catch things I miss or help make the decision easier one way
or the other.  With that said I do see things now in the PDF view that
aren't obvious in the layout software so I'm making tweaks as I see things
too.

I'll be away from my computer a fair bit tomorrow with appointments but at
some point in the next 24 hours I'll sit down and do another pass looking
at text issues as well as a my first review of things like spacing between
frames based on the PDF view.  This is definitely something for a
post-report analysis of how this experiment went.

Proofing copy 02 is attached.