[evergreen-outreach] proofing copy three

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 07:41:35 EDT 2018

OK, I resorted to directly editing the XML save file to start fixing
problems and rip out the fonts it added and changed throughout the document
in places that hadn't even been touched by when it started doing that.  I
also discovered while doing this that it's _far_ easier to directly edit
the XML to add colors to the palette than it is to actually use the
software for it.  So, proofing draft 4 is underway.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Ruth Frasur <director at hagerstownlibrary.org
> wrote:

> Yeah, I wondered if it wasn't a Scribus "speciality (purposeful
> misspelling)."
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 3:39 PM, Rogan Hamby <rogan.hamby at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I shall have to look at this later / tomorrow more to break down the
>> fonts but regarding number of fonts there should only be two.  Scribus ....
>> yeah, it's special in how it handles fonts, at least on Mac.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 3:14 PM, Ruth Frasur <
>> director at hagerstownlibrary.org> wrote:
>>
>>> My comments are as follows, and with deep recognition that you've been
>>> working a LOT and this makes me feel nit picky.
>>> 1.  There seem to be a lot of fonts.  I wouldn't say it's weirdness, but
>>> a lot.  Most notably, to my mind, are the two text areas on the last page.
>>> My eye expected them to be what seems to be the standard san serif font
>>> throughout, but it's not.
>>> 2.  The logo on the back page seems like it's a little close on the left
>>> hand side.
>>> 3.  On page 9, there are essentially 6 colors ranging from green-blue to
>>> fluorescent green.  That's a lot of green.  Grant, we're Evergreen.
>>> 4.  The headers on pages 7 & 8 are off.  The text seems too close to the
>>> horizontal edge.  On pg. 8, too close to the vertical edge.
>>> 5.  The Kentucky collage on pg. 6 is awesome.
>>> 6.  On the acknowledgements page, everyone else is a proofreader but I'm
>>> proofreading.