[evergreen-outreach] proofing copy three

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:07:14 EDT 2018

1.  Font issue should be fixed now thanks to xml editing.
2.  Technically not but for reasons that matter to no one.  Regardless,
should look better now.
3.  Yeah, I wondered how that much color and brightness would look to
folks.  It's an experiment. I've had other feedback that it's the favorite
part of the report to some others.  So, I'm going to chalk that one up to a
contentious matter of taste and leave as is.  We can have a debate at the
conference where the loser has to sing karaoke if need be.  I'm also
starting to think that all matters of dispute that are qualitative rather
than quantitative should be settled via karaoke battles.
4.  I'm going to spare you my rant on how text box cloning _should_ work
and visually center them with the common 'y' character as a vertical
guide.  Let me know how it look in proof 4 when I send that out (shortly).
5.  Thank you.  There are some stray pixel issues but I don't think they'll
be noticeable to anyone at scale when printed.  I enjoy spending some time
when I can on those kinds of bits and pieces.
6. I thought it was cooler to be a verb than noun.  (joking aside, fixed)
7. Interesting note, since in the layout program you have all these border
markers that you need for objects it makes it really hard to visually
identify centers on small objects which is why some layout software give
you relative object alignments to show you how the centers/edges align are
when you select an active object.  Tragically that's not available here.
Also I can't actually center it because of how it does overlapping objects
of that size but I can do something else that will create the same effect
(first line offset). Good catch, thank you.

Nitpicking is exactly what is needed, so thank you for it.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 3:14 PM, Ruth Frasur <director at hagerstownlibrary.org