[evergreen-outreach] annual report checkout process

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:51:27 EDT 2018

Morning all,

I want to make sure that anyone who is opening and editing the .sla file is
using the checkout google doc.  We don't have a proper version control
system for this so it's very important to use it.  I checked it out on the
doc earlier and went to save it and found that it said that someone else
had saved it since I opened it so I probably overwrote someone's changes.

We can really only work on it one person at a time so this is the best we
can do at present though since it's xml based we might be able to move to a
version control system in the future but due to the visual nature of it, it
would still be problematic unless changes are to very distinct regions of
tags / pages.

So ... please don't make changes / save files if the sheet says it's
checked out.