[evergreen-outreach] annual report checkout process

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Mar 27 11:57:05 EDT 2018

Hi Rogan,

If it was me, I checked it out yesterday to view the back cover to
ensure there was space for the sponsor logo, but then have a distinct
memory of clicking No when Scribus asked me if I wanted to save it while
closing. Either way, there were no changes to be overwritten. If I were
planning to edit it, I would have made sure it was available to check
out first.

Sorry,

Kathy

On 03/27/2018 11:51 AM, Rogan Hamby wrote:
> Morning all,
>
> I want to make sure that anyone who is opening and editing the .sla
> file is using the checkout google doc.  We don't have a proper version
> control system for this so it's very important to use it.  I checked
> it out on the doc earlier and went to save it and found that it said
> that someone else had saved it since I opened it so I probably
> overwrote someone's changes.
>
> We can really only work on it one person at a time so this is the best
> we can do at present though since it's xml based we might be able to
> move to a version control system in the future but due to the visual
> nature of it, it would still be problematic unless changes are to very
> distinct regions of tags / pages.
>
> So ... please don't make changes / save files if the sheet says it's
> checked out.

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
(508) 343-0128