[evergreen-outreach] scheduling the virtual conference

Andrea Buntz Neiman abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed Apr 8 11:11:47 EDT 2020

So, we have 17 presentations so far including the keynote & some interest
groups (and an 18th if you want to do the SQL one, Rogan). There are 10
presentations and a handful of interest groups that I'm still awaiting
yes/no answers from.

I think we'd almost have to go with 3 days, unless we're going to run some
concurrently. Are we open to the idea of doing tracks or groupings? Like,
"here's three presentations about reports" or whatever.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 10:52 AM <rogan.hamby at gmail.com> wrote:

> A quick (and modest) proposal.*
>
> Since we should have a pretty good idea soon of the number of programs
> that people are willing to migrate from the original conference to the
> virtual one that will give us a good idea of how many days to plan for.
> Once we have that I think we need to pick possible dates in late May or
> June and get a poll out as soon as possible. This may affect the proposals
> potentially. For example, there is one week in June that would make it
> nearly impossible for me to present.
>
> Do we think we're looking at two or three days?  Are we still leaning
> towards the end of weeks as we have done with the in-person conference?  If
> so I propose once we decide on 2 or 3 days we grab the Thurs/Fridays or
> Wed/Thursday/Fridays for the last week of May and all of June and get
> feedback from presenters about where they would have issues presenting due
> to other time commitments, perhaps in the form of a poll.  After that poll
> the wider community once we know the dates that work fo presenters.
>

> * With apologies to Jonathan Swift.

Andrea Buntz Neiman
Project Manager for Software Development
Equinox Open Library Initiative
abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457) x5583
*www.equinoxinitiative.org <http://www.equinoxinitiative.org>*