[evergreen-outreach] scheduling the virtual conference

rogan.hamby at gmail.com rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:51:36 EDT 2020

A quick (and modest) proposal.*

Since we should have a pretty good idea soon of the number of programs that
people are willing to migrate from the original conference to the virtual
one that will give us a good idea of how many days to plan for.  Once we
have that I think we need to pick possible dates in late May or June and
get a poll out as soon as possible. This may affect the proposals
potentially. For example, there is one week in June that would make it
nearly impossible for me to present.

Do we think we're looking at two or three days?  Are we still leaning
towards the end of weeks as we have done with the in-person conference?  If
so I propose once we decide on 2 or 3 days we grab the Thurs/Fridays or
Wed/Thursday/Fridays for the last week of May and all of June and get
feedback from presenters about where they would have issues presenting due
to other time commitments, perhaps in the form of a poll.  After that poll
the wider community once we know the dates that work fo presenters.

* With apologies to Jonathan Swift.