[evergreen-outreach] Virtual Conference: Dates

Andrea Buntz Neiman abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed Apr 22 17:22:21 EDT 2020

I'm.... not sure I agree here. A few thoughts:

1) Equipment - not everyone has dual monitors, and it would be nice to
"standardize" as much as possible for our presenters, attendees, and
wranglers.
2) Bandwidth on Zoom's end - no need to have dozens of video streams from
watchers when that's not really necessary.
3) Webinar mode - my readings about using Zoom for these kinds of events
point to Webinar mode as the best option, since it can include
pre-registration requirements, chat/Q&A controls, and more ... and Webinar
mode is view-only for attendees, IIUC.

Now, if none of our potential Zoom hosts have the Webinar license, that
third one is a moot point.

On a personal note, as a presenter I would strongly prefer to NOT see
potentially dozens of video feeds while I'm trying to present.

abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457) x5583
*www.equinoxinitiative.org <http://www.equinoxinitiative.org>*