[evergreen-outreach] weekly annual report progress

Gagnon, Ron gagnon at noblenet.org
Tue Feb 4 16:19:57 EST 2020

Rogan and all,
I like the descriptions of the groups, it is kind of an advertisement for
participants -- which it could say "join us" in bigger letters at the
bottom or somewhere.  I'm not sure a picture would convey that as well.
Ron

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 9:04 AM <rogan.hamby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding the working groups page, I am considering the following option
> (and inviting others to tell me if it's viable or ill conceived) :
>
> Removing nearly all text.  Adding a text box with information on how to
> find the groups / get involved on the web site.  Use one graphic and a
> short text description for each group highlighting some accomplishment of
> the group as representative of their efforts as a whole.
>
> Outreach: a photo from the ALA session last summer (if we have one)
> New Developer Group : photo from the presentation at the last conference
> (if we have one)
>
> Honestly, it doesn't even have to be every group, we can take each group
> we can identify as having something that we can get a graphic up for and
> explain that groups are organic and change over time to fit the needs of
> the project.
>
> Thoughts?
>

> On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 9:45 PM <rogan.hamby at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not a lot of progress this week.  Placeholder graphics for committers
>> section were generated by Andrea and I think look good but we might need
>> higher resolution ones for the final print.
>>
>> We still need the spotlight text.
>>
>> I'm not terribly happy with the working groups section.  I had to cut
>> text a lot to get it to fit and in the end, A) it's still very text heavy
>> and B) it's ended up being more a statement of their existence than a
>> section of achievements.  I can remove text and do a bunch of graphics to
>> address A but what are people's thoughts about B?

Ronald A. Gagnon
Executive Director
North Of Boston Library Exchange (NOBLE)
Danvers, Massachusetts  01923
978-777-8844
www.noblenet.org