[evergreen-outreach] Website redesign plans

Stephanie Leary stephanie.leary at equinoxoli.org
Mon Mar 4 11:00:19 EST 2024

Good morning! Since the strategic planning sessions, I've been tinkering
with plans for a more marketing-oriented website that highlights how active
our community is. Here's a Google Doc with an outline:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C-rnnOgiG4JTQJ_onoebKRTE2vvdtNpLtaH15NSpg9s/edit?usp=sharing

A lot of other ILSs don't do software feature pages, but I think we should
consider them; they would give us an opportunity to highlight how Evergreen
can handle libraries of vastly different sizes.

With or without those, I definitely think we should do the library size
audience pages.

Some other things to note about the content plan:

* I've added a Jobs category to the blog, rather than using the separate
plugin for listings (it generated a TON of otherwise useless pages)
* I've also added a Press Release category. I'm thinking that this category
wouldn't appear on the blog home page or the main RSS feed, but would have
its own page and RSS feed available so we can pull the latest posts into
the home page and blog sidebars.
* There is a support page based on a draft Rogan had saved quite some time
ago.

I've also started working on a new design based on the theme framework I
most often used for client sites when I was freelancing. I have a lot of
code lying around for this, so adding new features to it is relatively
easy.
http://eg-web.georgialibraries.org/

This theme in particular started out with some stock images that I haven't
removed yet. My plan is to replace those with some green gradient
backgrounds and put some of the featured sections right on top of them.
Something along these lines:
https://codepen.io/stephanieleary/full/ExMBbmd

I'm also setting up an editorial calendar plugin that includes
notifications; we'll see if I can get it working and strip out some of its
annoying upsell alerts.

Let me know what you think of all this; we can discuss on Wednesday!

Stephanie Leary
Front End Developer
Equinox Open Library Initiative
stephanie.leary at equinoxOLI.org