[Evergreen-reports] Future of Reports Task Force Meetings

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:30:12 EDT 2012

Jenny,

I'll have to say I have not attended because of my preoccupation with our
migration to Evergreen.  However, I think bimonthly meetings would be good.
 I can't imagine the term "taskforce" is off putting.

Tim

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Turner, Jennifer M <
jennifer.turner at mnsu.edu> wrote:

>  Hello all, ****
>
> ** **
>
> The last several reports task force meetings have been sparsely attended,despite a fantastic turnout and great discussions at the Reports Interest
> Group meeting at the conference.  Additionally, I will be unable to convene
> the next scheduled meeting on July 19.  So, I have a few ideas to bounce
> off the group to see if any of them make sense (these are in no particular
> order)…****
>
> ** **
>
> **1)      **Should we suspend meetings for the summer months and try
> again in the fall?****
>
> **2)      **Do we want to move to bi-monthly meetings, instead of
> monthly?  We could skip July and meet again in August or, if we suspend for
> the summer, skip July and August and meet in September.  Meetings would
> then be:****
>
> **a.      ** Aug, Oct, Dec, Feb, April, & June OR****
>
> **b.      **Sept, Nov, Jan, March, [April Interest Group at conference],
> & May.****
>
> **3)      **Are synchronous, regular task force/interest group meetings
> no longer needed or of interest?  Would we instead be better served by
> holding asynchronous discussions via the list?  If we move away from
> regular meetings, I do think it would be helpful to have a list of
> volunteers to assist with planning for the Reports Interest Group meeting
> at conferences.  These individuals could then meet via IRC or conference
> calls in the month(s) prior to and following the conference to plan and
> assess the event.****
>
> **4)      **Are the words “Task Force” off-putting to people?  This name
> was given to the group back when it started, but I think we really might be
> more of an interest group.  ****
>
> **5)      **What other ideas do you have for this group?  What more can
> we do to make our work and meetings more effective?****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks to the group for any thoughts on the matter!  And, as always, if
> anyone is interested in convening or co-convening this group, let me know
> and I’d be happy to step aside – either fully or partially!****
>
> ** **
>
> Jenny****
>
> ** **
>
> Jennifer Turner | PALS, A Program of the Minnesota State Colleges and
> Universities | 507-389-2000****
>
> ** **

Tim Spindler
tjspindler at gmail.com

*P**   Go Green - **Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's
really necessary.*