[Evergreen-web-team] Easy On-Ramp doc for website and the questions it raises

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Mon Jun 20 14:17:29 EDT 2011

Hi All,

>From Bob Molyneaux for you comments:

   I have put a draft of an "on ramp" here for your consideration:
   http://www.evergreen-ils.org/**dokuwiki/doku.php?id=**scratchpad<http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad>
.

   I made one slight change in a URL in the glossary. I had it wrong
   for the Evergreen support page--I left out an 's' on "faq" ==>
   "faqs" in the URL.

   I also noticed this page:
   http://www.evergreen-ils.org/**dokuwiki/doku.php?id=**scratchpad:glossary<http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:glossary>
.
   It has been around since December, 2007. I think the information
   could be added to the glossary as a link to ODLIS and this page
   discarded. Note the link to the "acquisitions/serials effort."
   That page is also dated and, I move, should be deleted.

This begs the question of workflow.  Bob has provided a nice starter kid for
someone interested in learning about Evergreen.  We don't currently have a
place for that to live.  How do we figure out where to put things that come
in this way?

Also, is there some protocol that should be instituted for processing
content like this?  Do we have gatekeepers?  Editors?  Monitors?

It's just not as simple as...Bob has a wiki account so just put it up there.
 Or is it?

Maybe you can provide some advice, Jim?

Lori