[Evergreen-web-team] Evergreen Libraries map icon

Anoop Atre aatre at esilibrary.com
Thu Jun 21 13:10:53 EDT 2012

Of course we could show the different types of libraries (public,
academic, k12, etc) with different icons and there could be museums
special collections who might come into the fold someday so that would
make for an interesting map. That's another discussion though and maybe
something we should consider when we do a look/feel redesign.

On 06/21/2012 12:42 PM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich wrote:
> Hi, Kathy.  Just wanted to quick comment.  Since we already know from context that all the locations are libraries, I don't think that it is strictly necessary to have any special icons communicating that the locations on the map are of libraries.  So, the location is the primary theme of the map, not the type of establishment.
>
> Alexey
>

> On Jun 7, 2012, at 16:59 , Kathy Lussier wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>> I thought of two potential courses of action:
>>>
>>> 1) We continue to use the LibraryMarker.png image and seek the revised
>>> permission from Breeding. If so, perhaps we need to incorporate a
>>> copyright statement on the origin of the file along with the file when
>>> we make it part of the website's git repository.
>>>
>>> 2) We can follow Ben's example and switch to using a more generic icon
>>> like the blue-dot.png instead.
>>>
>>> Thoughts or opinions moving forward?
>>
>> I personally like the LibraryMarker.png image since all of the marked locations on the map indeed are libraries. If the team decides to go with the LibraryMarker.png image and needs somebody to contact Marshall, I would be happy to do so.
>>
>> Kathy

> Alexey Lazar
> PALS
> Information System Developer and Integrator
> 507-389-2907
> http://www.mnpals.org/

Anoop Atre
| Systems Administrator
| aatre at esilibrary.com
| 770-709-5575
Equinox Software Inc. / Your Library's Guide to Open Source
--
   "Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens"
    ~ Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller