[Evergreen-web-team] Who's got the power

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon May 21 13:01:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

On May 21, 2012, at 12:30 PM, Anoop Atre wrote:
> Again if folks want to come up with a snazzy awesome design with fresh graphics, improved information flow and content. Feel free to set it up and run it by the community.

A couple observations: first, upon spot-checking the list of SFC member projects, I didn't find any others that featured the SFC logo on the home page, let alone so prominently.  What a couple projects are doing is putting the Google Checkout and PayPal donation form directly on the home page.  I asked Bradley if he has any data to indicate whether doing so makes any difference in donations received.  His response was that he doesn't have any such data, but he does encourage projects to put the donation link on a sidebar or the like so that it appears on every page.

I'm neutral on whether we continue using the SFC tree (although I have to say that it meshes quite well with the rest of the current design), but whatever we do, we should keep the donation link prominent.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton