[Evergreen-web-team] Donation Button on Home Page

Steve Wills swills at beyond-print.com
Mon May 21 13:50:57 EDT 2012

 Hi Lori,

Part of the study of user/reader roles for our website should contain data that can be useful here. It is important to know who is viewing the evergreen-ils website and why. To the uninitiated, the tree and evergreen probably do make some kind of sense. These folks will not know that the LOGO is the SFC logo and not the Evergreen-ILS Project logo until they click through. If they are generous enough to donate, I doubt the logo will be a barrier to them. I suspect that one has to be fairly intimate with the Evergreen-ILS Project to really know that this is not the right logo at which point ones donation probably would not be influenced by this fact anyway. If we are going to engage in site optomization with a goal toward enhancing our call to action, I would suggest we have a button (or dressed up text) that reads "We need your Help" or "Why you should donate to Evergreen-ILS" or something of that nature.

If our call to action is going to be passive, I don't think that the logo or lack of it will really effect our donation rate much at all. Which reminds me, are we reviewing our analytic data at Evergreen-ILS.org. I looked at it about a year ago but have not kept up with it.

just musing,
Steve Wills