[Evergreen-web-team] Who's got the power

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon May 21 21:15:57 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com> wrote:
> That's even worse?  Not sure what you mean by that.  A more constructive
> comment would be much appreciated!

Worse from the POV of not de-emphasizing the other ways to
"contribute".  I hope I'm not stepping into a silo and irking folks by
rehashing things you may have already discussed.  Let's see if I can
be more constructive...

Hrmm, consider these:

Debian has a link for "Joining Debian" (under their Developers'
Corner).  It goes to this page:
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

Ubuntu goes into non-monetary Contributions section under their
top-level Community page.
http://www.ubuntu.com/community

Koha has a top-level "Get Involved" page:
http://koha-community.org/get-involved/

I'd really like to see something like those (which could do under the
proposed Connect and/or Community sections).   To be effective, I
think we may want to consider getting rid of the pop-menus for our
navigation links, and go to an actual page for each where we can
splash more information before folks decide to dig into more specific
sub-sections.  I think on a page like that we could make the appeal
that any help at all is appreciated, and it need not be code or money.

Maybe even show some faces.  Consider http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora

--
Jason Etheridge
http://evergreen-ils.org