[Evergreen-web-team] Sorting on the Evergreen libraries page

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue May 29 10:46:52 EDT 2012

Good morning web team!

As I start adding a slew of new libraries to the Evergreen libraries
page this morning, I was wondering if there is a preference for how
libraries should be sorted on this list.

When I added MVLC libraries a year ago, this page had just recently been
redone, so the sorting was fairly consistent. At that time, I *think*
the various systems  were sorted alphabetically by location, so I added
MVLC with Massachusetts (not that it mattered much in that particular
situation since they both begin with M). This explains why a system like
Kent County Public Library (Maryland) appears after MVLC (Massachusetts.)

However, in the past year it looks like the sorting has changed a bit so
that some libraries are sorting alphabetically by the name of the system
rather than the state. The overall effect is that sorting is
inconsistent on this page.

Is there a preference for how systems should be sorted on this page? If
there is some sort of consensus, I'm happy to re-order the page, but
probably not today.

Kathy
--
Kathy Lussier