[Evergreen-web-team] organizing tasks

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Sat Dec 14 14:23:41 EST 2013

Just skimming over it, Redmine (which I wasn't familiar with and I'm always
curious to try out new project management software) looks to be more of a
project management than help desk per se.  My concern is that it might have
more overhead than we need for this where we need to keep the bar for entry
low.  I am going to look at it for some other purposes though.  :)

My opinion is just mine though, what do others think?

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich <
alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> wrote:

> On 2013-12-11, at 12:31 , Rogan Hamby <rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net> wrote:
>
> > 3) A help desk.  This is probably the best fit for the workflows I
> imagine though we will need to set one  up.  There are even themes to mold
> wordpress into a help desk though all the ones I know of are commercial.
> >

> > Thoughts?  I think I have a clear bias towards a help desk approach.
>
> Sounds good.... and still, Redmine is my favorite software for this, of the
> ones I am familiar with. Easy to use and easy to manage, free, does not
> force workflows, etc.
>
> [1]  http://www.redmine.org/
>
> Aleksey Lazar
> IS Developer and Integrator - PALS
> http://www.mnpals.org/

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,
York County Library System

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>