[Evergreen-web-team] EG Site Map stuff

Jim Craner jim at galecia.com
Thu Feb 7 20:23:35 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

It looks like the idea of creating a list of content on the existing EG site for content migration has been batted around
several times, and I know a few of you have worked on attempts to put this together, such as referencing the git repo
holding the web files.

I tried a few different command line spiders and scrapers today without much success, and I am not so hot with regex'ing
so I explored a couple of alternatives, mainly: let's just look at the website analytics and see what is actually being visited
by
users.

The first time this convo came up, it looks like we noted that the EG server had webalizer installed, but the last report
generated was from 2011 (http://evergreen-ils.org/webalizer/).

I poked around a bit and it appears that since then, somebody installed another open source analytics app called Piwik
(home page here: http://piwik.org/) which I had never even heard of before today but already think is AWESOME.

(I later googled "evergreen ILS" + "piwik" and hilariously found this gem from a developer on the EG IRC logs: "We
should have webteam check out http://evergreen-ils.org/piwik to see what pages on the current site..." :-)

Anyway, first go to: http://evergreen-ils.org/piwik

Click on Actions > Pages to get a list of pages sorted by popularity...  Note that you can expand the Dokuwiki entry at
the top so that you can drill down and see what the popular wiki pages are!  At the very bottom of each table is a little
option to access that table in export format (several).  I've attached a real quickie example of what we could use going
forward as a base (but I'd likely want to spend a few minutes doing some better searching/filtering in the interface before
creating an actual useful sitemap for us).

More to follow...
Thanks!
Jim