[Evergreen-web-team] EG Site Map stuff

Anoop Atre aatre at esilibrary.com
Fri Feb 8 10:20:30 EST 2013

Hi Jim
This has come up previously and the web team has been aware of the Piwik
setup for about a year if not longer. I think you were part of the group
back then and it was just forgotten in the mists of time:
http://georgialibraries.markmail.org/message/y5zc4zaqj5h3p2mf

It's also been documented on the web administration information page:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=website_administration

Cheers

On 02/07/2013 08:23 PM, Jim Craner wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> It looks like the idea of creating a list of content on the existing EG site for content migration has been batted around
> several times, and I know a few of you have worked on attempts to put this together, such as referencing the git repo
> holding the web files.
>
> I tried a few different command line spiders and scrapers today without much success, and I am not so hot with regex'ing
> so I explored a couple of alternatives, mainly: let's just look at the website analytics and see what is actually being visited
> by
> users.
>
> The first time this convo came up, it looks like we noted that the EG server had webalizer installed, but the last report
> generated was from 2011 (http://evergreen-ils.org/webalizer/).
>
> I poked around a bit and it appears that since then, somebody installed another open source analytics app called Piwik
> (home page here: http://piwik.org/) which I had never even heard of before today but already think is AWESOME.
>
> (I later googled "evergreen ILS" + "piwik" and hilariously found this gem from a developer on the EG IRC logs: "We
> should have webteam check out http://evergreen-ils.org/piwik to see what pages on the current site..." :-)
>
> Anyway, first go to: http://evergreen-ils.org/piwik
>
> Click on Actions > Pages to get a list of pages sorted by popularity...  Note that you can expand the Dokuwiki entry at
> the top so that you can drill down and see what the popular wiki pages are!  At the very bottom of each table is a little
> option to access that table in export format (several).  I've attached a real quickie example of what we could use going
> forward as a base (but I'd likely want to spend a few minutes doing some better searching/filtering in the interface before
> creating an actual useful sitemap for us).
>
> More to follow...
> Thanks!
> Jim

Anoop Atre