[Evergreen-web-team] Are we still a team?

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Wed Feb 13 12:01:33 EST 2013

Who are you getting that feedback from?  I think one of the reasons this
project has been so hard to get off the ground is because once people get
involved with an Evergreen project, they figure out what they need and
where it is and they don't really do anything beyond that with the site.

Also, it seems overwhelming to try to move all that content over to the new
site. I think the plan to use some kind of script to get content over and
then bring in editors was a good idea.  It eliminates some of that
overwhelmed feeling you get when you go in to try to flesh out a section. I
keep waiting for that to happen.  The plan being we then rally people to
work on editing/cleaning up the sections.  Unfortunately, I don't feel
effective rallying people at this point so someone else really needs to
lead the charge.  I was hoping it would be Alexey but he hasn't been able
to find the time, it appears.

I'm happy to continue to fund Jim's time at least through the conference,
but I can't do this indefinitely.  I was clear that we needed to make this
happen while we had the funding from the grant but we failed to get it done
for numerous reasons.  We have an excellent start and the bones are there.
 But the work that has been done really needs to be taken over now by
active community members if it is going to come to fruition.

As to do we need it.....the changes were really going to make the biggest
difference to people who are trying to learn more, thinking about getting
involved, just getting started, looking for people to make contact with,
trying to learn about the development and user community, etc.  These
people are undoubtedly not the people you are talking to and their voices
are not represented in most of our discussions.

Lori