[Evergreen-web-team] [Nitty-gritty] redirects

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Apr 16 15:11:15 EDT 2014

Hi,

Following up on today's meeting, I've removed the welcome page and
folded its content into the about us overview.

Since cool URIs don't change [1], I set up a redirect to bounce from
http://evergreen-ils.org/welcome/ to
http://evergreen-ils.org/about-us/.  I did this by installing the SEO
Redirection Plugin and adding a rule under Dashboard -> Settings ->
SEO Redirection.

If you have occasion to remove a page in the future, please consider
setting up a redirect.

One other thing that the plugin gives us is a convenient way to get a
log of incoming 404 requests without having to look server-side.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html

Regards,

Galen
--