[Evergreen-web-team] Any interest in adding my "Intro to IRC" slides to the IRC help section?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Aug 8 12:53:39 EDT 2014

Hello,

At the last conference I gave a lightning talk on IRC basics, and I
ended up making a longer presentation on that topic. I was wondering
if it would be OK to place a link to that presentation in the IRC page
within the help section

Here is the link to the presentation:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Yz1Gs_9M_9zNh26lUV-wNAy97apBkr2eV4mf7N3szoc/edit?usp=sharing

Here is where I would like to add the link, in the IRC help section:

http://evergreen-ils.org/communicate/irc/

My presentation's goal was to introduce IRC to new folks and show them
that you can just use a web browser and the Freenode web front end. I
plan to mention that it explains how to use just a browser, and no
add-ons, to use IRC.

I have access to make the change myself, because of my work on the
last conference site. So if I get clearance from the web team I can go
ahead and make the edit and report back when I am done, in case there
are changes that should still be made. Also, somebody else on the web
team may want to make the changes themselves. Either way is fine by
me.

Thanks in advance,
Yamil