[Evergreen-web-team] Website Task List Spreadsheet

Elliot Voris evoris at slcconline.edu
Mon Jan 27 11:35:01 EST 2014

Hi, Everyone!

I finally had a few minutes to bear down and pound out what (I think) seems to be a good start for this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap6xBlSDakSudFFiRERMRGdRQlpGVmpNazBtX1FPaGc&usp=sharing

There are a few things I want to point out:

1) I tried to populate the spreadsheet with everything I found on the old Google Doc, using the date the entry came onto the doc as the date reported. I tried to figure out who was assigned, but I'm sure I got a couple things mixed up. Please correct any errors you see.

2) I made three separate sheets within the document: New, In-Progress, and Complete. At first, I was thinking about using a filter to sort the rows based on status, but it's not as intuitive to make GDocs include a new row into the filter as it should be. Plus, with the few tasks that are in there now, separation onto separate sheets makes it feel a little easier to use (at least that's how it seems to me). If that doesn't seem to work, let me know, and we can get it sorted out.

3) I made the "status" column a dropdown list so that you can quickly select New, In-Progress, or Complete. When you select "In-Progress" from an item on either the new or complete sheet, it will move that row to the in-progress sheet (same applies for the other statuses, respectively). We can easily add more items to that, but I figured those three are probably the most important statuses to get started.

4) Given that Google Docs can integrate some kind of online form into spreadsheets pretty easily, would it be worthwhile to create a simple form that anyone can fill out with a summary and description? Then, we could dump that into the "New" spreadsheet and get it moving from there.

Let me know what needs to be changed, and what else you'd like to see, and I'll be happy to make it happen.

Thanks!

Elliot J. Voris
IT Director
St. Louis Christian College