[Evergreen-web-team] meeting today

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Tue Jan 21 12:57:45 EST 2014

Hello, web team.

On 2014-01-16, at 11:29 , Grace Dunbar <gdunbar at esilibrary.com> wrote:

> I began making my proposed changes to the downloads page but I did fall behind on that.  Then Alexey sent a long email about the proposed changes along with some mockups last month and I didn't want to proceed until others had a chance to make comments on that.  However, I'm happy to plow forward if that's the team's decision.  You should be able to see the draft I was working on...  so, feedback is welcome!

To clarify, +1 to proceed with improvements to the downloads page as described by Grace, as commented in my “long” email. I am also in favor of whatever we can do to allow edits and real changes to flow more freely to live (still pondering some specifics about that.)

My mockups were meant to start a conversation about a longer-term “next-version” improvements to the Evergreen website downloads and archives organization and layout. I used a variety of open-source project download pages for inspiration, most recently the http://www.libreoffice.org/download/ page, which I actually use frequently and consider to be user-positive.

On a related subject, I am wondering if we could use a development space somewhere on the Evergreen site to test/approve page changes? Does Wordpress have a review/publish process built in? I think it could be more streamlined to test new changes right on the site and then publish. I find that I prefer to work straight with HTML to make mockups, but it is annoying to have to test locally, attach HTML to email and so on. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks.

Aleksey Lazar
IS Developer and Integrator - PALS
http://www.mnpals.org/