[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Trying to build Evergreen on FC6=splat!

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 23:56:41 EST 2006

I believe Dan is right that most of the Pines' staff is on vacation.
The list is relatively quiet, with a thread or 2 a week at this time.
Then again, Evergreen wasn't really "marketed" until a few months ago.
 I'm sure it will pick up again after New Years' (I know a couple
others will chime in before then, but I think a couple of the staff
are on vacation until this time).

Especially at this time, development progresses extremely quickly.  In
the recent past, we've said that it's probably not the best time to
develop static builds because of the rapid change.  However, anything
and everything you can do to help out in experimenting on Fedora (or
anything for that matter) would be greatly appreciated!

If you would like write/change access to the Wiki, just drop a line to
this list.  Especially if you'd be willing to experiment with
installation procedures!

If you run into any trouble, please feel free to e-mail the list.
Most of the time, somebody will reply very quickly with assistance!

Depending on how much your interest in the project is, there are
several resources you may want to frequent and/or subscribe to.  Of
course, there are the mailing lists
(http://www.open-ils.org/listserv.html).  The dev list usually is
busier than the General, and usually deals with support issues from
non-PINES users (mostly installation issues), feature discussion, and
the like.  The General list is pretty low volume (probably 3-4 threads
a month at the most), and usually deals with persons' looking for
information about Evergreen for reports/etc.

The Blog (http://www.open-ils.org/blog/) usually has varying
information, from news to code snippets and other stuff.  It does have
an RSS feed, and is fairly low volume (rarely more than once a week,
usually every couple of weeks).

The news page (http://www.open-ils.org/).  Usually, information here
is elaborated on in the blog.

The (documentation) wiki (http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php).
It also has an RSS feed of recent changes (I just found this out a
minute ago!)

Bug Tracking/Known Issues
(http://www.open-ils.org/cgi-bin/bugzilla/index.cgi): Mostly used by
PINES helpdesk and/or internal developers.  It is suggested that you
e-mail any bugs to this list for PINES staff to enter if they deem
appropriate.

Software Bounties
(http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=sofware_bounties).  If
you would like to help out the project, here's some ideas.

CVS Changelog (http://www.open-ils.org/~pines/ChangeLog.html)

I think I speak on behalf of those involved in the Evergreen project
when I say thank you for your interest, and we look forward to mutual
benefits in your participation!

Sincerely Yours,

Don McMorris Jr

*NOTE: I am NOT affiliated at this time with PINES in any other way
than being a third party fan of the Evergreen project and their model
of operations.