[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Discussion on bulk loan procedures/options/suggestions to outreach "patrons"

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 03:59:31 EST 2006

That sounds like it would work well.  Then again, I'm not sure of the
exact requirements the library may have.  But, the added branch would
lessen the load against a single patron record  and the in-house-use
would give the circulation stats.

<<SNIP for the non-GMAIL Users'>>
> In this case, it's not simply the staff client retrieving 700 rows
> from the DB, it's the middle layer retrieving 700 circulation objects,
> gathering surrounding payment and billing objects, sorting them into
> batches based on due date (using DateTime, which is not a speed demon,
> but is "correct"), retrieving and calculating fines on them, looking
> for items on the holds shelf, etc.  As far as I can tell, the output
> of this doesn't go into a list at all (in fact, there's not a
> populated list on the first patron detail pane displayed by default),
> it is used in the sidebar.  The items out list, however, uses a
> variant of what I described above in order to split the checked out vs
> lost/claims-returned items into separate lists ... so /those/ lists do
> gather everything, I believe.

Perhaps a patron type (IE:ILL Agency) could be implemented that
doesn't process some of the middle layer functions (such as fine
processing).
 <snip>
--Don