[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Startup problem with OpenSRF settings listener

Eric Lesage lesagee at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Dec 31 04:56:22 EST 2006

Hi Bill,

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Bill Erickson wrote:

[...]

>> (This doesn't tell us why the session gets replaced in the first place.)
>

> Right, exactly.

Here was the culprit, in ejabberd.cfg:
   %% Define the maximum number of time a single user is allowed to connect:
   {max_user_sessions, 10}.

With all the drones and listeners registering resources on the same 'ils'
user, the first sessions would get replaced by those which came later.
I've increased the number of sessions to 100, and it works. Tested using
the srfsh math benchmark too.

So, I believe the XMPP layer, with both ejabberd and chopchop working, is
solved. As for wildfire, I'm not too interested in it anyway.

[...]

>> By the way, I've made myself a local portage tree to gather all
>> dependencies

I'm still working on this. A few gotchas up to now:

- Just a nitpick: the evergreen 1.0.1 tar.bz2 file on the web page seems
to be a plain (uncompressed) tar file.

- I have found no indication in the docs that there should be a <IDL>
stanza in openils.xml pointing to fm_IDL.xml. Most openils servers won't
work without it (nor will scripts called from autogen.sh).

- The pw field for the Pg driver cannot be blank: dbi will complain
and refuse to connect().

- The dependency for the perl Email::Send package (used by circ) is
unlisted (afaict).

Thanks,

--
Eric Lesage