[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Startup problem with OpenSRF settings listener

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 09:33:30 EST 2006

HI Eric,

On 12/31/06, Eric Lesage <lesagee at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> Hi Bill,
Just FYI: I believe Bill is on vacation still (I want to say he's due
back at PINES on 1/8/07, but I'm not sure).

> On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Bill Erickson wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> (This doesn't tell us why the session gets replaced in the first place.)
> >

> > Right, exactly.
>
> Here was the culprit, in ejabberd.cfg:
>    %% Define the maximum number of time a single user is allowed to connect:
>    {max_user_sessions, 10}.
>
> With all the drones and listeners registering resources on the same 'ils'
> user, the first sessions would get replaced by those which came later.
> I've increased the number of sessions to 100, and it works. Tested using
> the srfsh math benchmark too.

Good Catch! I made a little blurb in the wiki  (
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=editing_config_files )
about this, but I'm not sure what the suggested max is (of course, it
will depend on how heavily Evergreen will be used and some other
factors).

> So, I believe the XMPP layer, with both ejabberd and chopchop working, is
> solved. As for wildfire, I'm not too interested in it anyway.
>
> [...]
>
> >> By the way, I've made myself a local portage tree to gather all
> >> dependencies
>
> I'm still working on this. A few gotchas up to now:
>
> - Just a nitpick: the evergreen 1.0.1 tar.bz2 file on the web page seems
> to be a plain (uncompressed) tar file.
>
> - I have found no indication in the docs that there should be a <IDL>
> stanza in openils.xml pointing to fm_IDL.xml. Most openils servers won't
> work without it (nor will scripts called from autogen.sh).

I'm sure Bill will understand this better than I (as I am far from
even proficient in XML), and will add a blurb in the openils.xml
config in CVS and/or on the wiki (
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=openils.xml ).

> - The pw field for the Pg driver cannot be blank: dbi will complain
> and refuse to connect().

I'm sure somebody will add a comment to the config file sample in the
CVS tree (somebody who has the ability anyway ;))

Added (http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=perl_modules).

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Eric Lesage