[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Trying out staff client with new install

Josh Stompro stomproj at larl.org
Wed May 24 16:57:05 EDT 2006

I installed Javascript::Spidermonkey, I just used the debian versions of
the mozjs lib, and had to edit the perl make file a little to get the
module to compile.  After that I was still getting some errors about
missing log4perl, so I installed that (and updated the perl dependancy
docs).

The staff client now works (Huzzah!). open-ils.storage is up and running
and connecting to the database.  I'm running debian in vmware and I only
had 256MB of ram allocated.  When I first tried to login via the staff
client things went bad, it was an utter swap fest.  After upping the
memory to 512mb I am up and running.  I tried importing a few records
via oclc, but wasn't too sucessfull.

Record not likely imported.

{
	"payload":
	[

	]
	,
	"debug":"osrfMethodException :  *** Call to
	[
		open-ils.cat.biblio.record.xml.import
	]
	 failed for session
	[
		1148502513.157878.11485025132787
	]
	,
	 thread trace
	[
		1
	]
	:\n  * ! EXCEPTION ! * \nTYPE: OpenSRF::EX::ERROR\nMess: System ERROR \nMess: Unable to wormize imported record\nLoc.: 196 OpenSRF::Application \nLoc.: /openils/lib/perl5/OpenSRF/Application.pm \nTime: Wed May 24 15:28:37 2006\n\n",
	"status":500
}

Are there any instructions for doing a bulk import of bibs, items, and
patrons(customers) yet?

I attempted to add a user but the user editor doesn't ever show the
input fields.

All these problems could be related to me using the debian versions of
all the MARC packages you listed, and the version of spidermonkey.  I
will check out the log files and see if I can get some clues.  Thanks
for your help.  I am sort of glad that I have had to dig as much as I
have to get this up and running, I feel like I understand the system and
the terminology a little better now.
Josh