[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Congrats on releasing the beta

Josh Stompro stomproj at larl.org
Tue May 30 10:30:05 EDT 2006

I just saw that there was an announcement about the beta release last
week, congratulations.  Sorry about all my questions right when you were
trying to get that out the door.

I am trying out the client right now, I placed around 20 holds and
something I have noticed is that when a hold cannot be targeted the
timeout and freeze up is not very user friendly.  I tried to request "A
ghost is born" with search limited to Athens-Clarke County Library,
there are no available copies but the software let me attempt to place a
hold.  When I click place hold the client freezes for 60 seconds before
informing the user that the hold cannot be filled.  I think 60 seconds
is the timeout of one of the subsystems so maybe that is functionality
that just hasn't been implemented yet.

I think that maybe the job that generates the pull list is not running,
I have waited for over 15 minutes an there are no items to pull.

I am seeing a few different javascript errors.

Error: _l is not defined
Source File:
chrome://open_ils_staff_client/content/OpenILS/util/org_utils.js
Line: 70

Error: not well-formed
Source File:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Evergreen%20Staff%20Client/chrome/content/util/network.js
Line: 1, Column: 5
Source Code:
dump('entering util/network.js\n');

Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro               | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL Network Administrator | Mobile 701.371.3857