[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Tsearch2 error, setup instructions

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed May 31 12:22:18 EDT 2006

Sorry for the delay...

On 5/30/06, Josh Stompro <stomproj at larl.org> wrote:
> When I try to import a record from oclc I get this error.
>
> [2006-5-28 10:14:20] open-ils.storage [ERR :9098:::] Wormization failed
> : DBD::Pg::db pg_endcopy failed: ERROR:  could not find tsearch config
> by locale
> CONTEXT:  COPY full_rec, line 1: "4     LDR     \N      \N      \N
> 01296cam a2200325 a 4500"
>
> The problem seems to be that tsearch2 needs some setup work done before
> it will work with my locale 'en_US'.  There is an easy way around this
> of just running the command.
> select set_curcfg('default');

That will work fine.

> But I don't know if that is the correct way, if everything would work if
> I just inserted that command before the copy.  Could someone tell me how
> it is setup on the test server?  Do I need to setup tsearch2 to
> recognize 'en_US'?

I actually create the DB in the C locale, since the only real sorting
we do is case insensitive anyway (sort by title for search, sort
library names, etc).

> One other question, what is Wormization?  Wikipedia doesn't know that
> term, and google thinks that someone by that name has a blog.  Is it
> converting a MARC record to a long string, or something like that?

It's a made up word ... and I'm open to suggestions.  The OpenSRF
application that handles indexing of records is called the WoRM (for
"Write-fired Record Mangler"), and what it does is called wormization.
;)

mrylander at gmail.com
GPLS -- PINES Development
Database Developer