[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Getting there -- bootstrapping OpenSRF Client problem

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 01:49:15 EST 2006

I've pretty excited: I've made huge progress, and I've documented all
of the required steps for Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) in the wiki. Seems
that there were a few steps assumed but not written up in the current
docs -- that, or maybe I've done things the hard way (like having to
use Gaim to register ejabberd users).

One piece that concerns me is that when I run "opensrf_all start", the
router fails to start with "!!!! Unable to connect router to jabber
server localhost... exiting" -- but router.log simply says "Router
adding trusted server: localhost" and "Router adding trusted client:
localhost" without recording any error.

Anyways, I'm at the point now where the PINES Web interface is showing
up (yeah!) but I can't get past that point because every search
request simply triggers an error in /var/log/apache2/error.log:

File does not exist: /openils/var/web/opac/common/js/fmcore.js,
referer: http://localhost/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/index.xml
File does not exist: /openils/var/web/opac/common/js/OrgTree.js,
referer: http://localhost/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/index.xml

I'm guessing these missing JavaScript files are purely cosmetic. I'm
more concerned about the following errors in osrfsys.log:

Bootstrapping system with domain localhost, port 5222, and unixpath (null).
Unable to bootstrap

Despite those messages, there are tons of OpenSRF processes running
happily when I check ps wax.

Anyways, just thought I would throw this out there and see if it rings
any bells. Time for this cat to go to bed.

Dan