[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Getting there -- bootstrapping OpenSRF Client problem

Jason Etheridge jasone at georgialibraries.org
Sat Nov 18 02:29:14 EST 2006

On 11/18/06, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've pretty excited: I've made huge progress, and I've documented all
> of the required steps for Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) in the wiki.

Hey!  Coolness.

> File does not exist: /openils/var/web/opac/common/js/fmcore.js,
> referer: http://localhost/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/index.xml
> File does not exist: /openils/var/web/opac/common/js/OrgTree.js,
> referer: http://localhost/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/index.xml

I don't meddle much in the middle layer, but I do know those files get
created with a script called autogen.sh, which I never actually ran.
:)  They are essential, not cosmetic.  The fmcore.js file contains
mappings for turning JSON objects into Open-ILS objects.  The
OrgTree.js file contains the names of the libraries you define and
their relationships, so you'll want to make sure that step is done
first.

There's a web interface for bootstrapping the system, where you can
create libraries.  I'm not sure if the CGI files for it are installed
by default, since they're not protected (do this behind a firewall),
but look for config.cgi

Bill's on vacation, but I'm sure Mike will step in here soon and
enlighten us both. :)

Thanks Dan,

--
Jason Etheridge