[OPEN-ILS-DEV] VMWare... is for testing, not deployment

Kardos András k.andris at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:25:58 EDT 2007

I think the VMWare image's purpose is to give libraries the
oppurtunity to test Evergreen, and not to use it in production. If
they get interested - and that is what we'd like to achieve be showing
them a running demo - they'll do a real install, or move the image to
a real machine. The point is to get them something they can try
easily. I think the development team could do such an install - or
move a running machine into a VMWare image, that is also a
possibility. And if we build an image, let it be small, please.

Good luck, and work.

András Kardos