[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Apache modules

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 09:43:37 EDT 2007

Hennie:

No, it's okay, you can use older versions of Apache and don't have to
compile Apache 2 from scratch! I'm using the Apache 2.0.something
version that is currently standard on Gentoo, for example.

The options that aren't supported by Apache versions prior to 2.2 are
the Cache* options. You can simply comment out those options by
putting a '#' in front of them and Evergreen will work fine.

RewriteEngine, on the other hand, requires you to enable the
mod_rewrite module. This is normally included with distributions, but
requires you to add it to something like the
/etc/apache2/modules_enabled/ directory as a symbolic link from the
corresponding apache configuration file in
/etc/apache2/modules_available/ directory.

You'll also need to enable mod_proxy while you're at it.

Dan