[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Apache modules

Hennie Rautenbach hennie at sabinet.co.za
Sun Apr 22 13:44:07 EDT 2007

Dan Scott wrote:
> The options that aren't supported by Apache versions prior to 2.2 are
> the Cache* options. You can simply comment out those options by
> putting a '#' in front of them and Evergreen will work fine.
>
> RewriteEngine, on the other hand, requires you to enable the
> mod_rewrite module. This is normally included with distributions, but
> requires you to add it to something like the
> /etc/apache2/modules_enabled/ directory as a symbolic link from the
> corresponding apache configuration file in
> /etc/apache2/modules_available/ directory.
>
> You'll also need to enable mod_proxy while you're at it.

Thanks - I have done so (back to Apache 2.2 - given up with Apache 2.0).
Now I am getting stuck in the SSL stuff. I load mod_ssl.

leo:/etc/init.d# ./apache2 start
Starting web server (apache2)...apache2: Syntax error on line 669 of
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file
/etc/apache2/conf/evergreen_vhost_ssl.conf: No such file or directory
 failed!

I can't locate an example of a  "evergreen_vhost_ssl.conf". Is the SSL
stuff required ? Is there any instructions on how to create this file ?

Regards,

Hennie