[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Checkout error

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:38:09 EDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org> wrote:

> Mike Rylander said the following on 04/25/2007 09:14 AM:
> >> holds...

> >> when
> >> >>

> > Part of the duration calculation is a set of example exceptions that
> > look for specific profile groups (in this case, Staff, Trustee and
> > Outreach) and give them a different max fine level and, for Outreach,
> > a different duration.
> >
> > By default, the Trustee and Outreach groups don't exist in the
> > database.  However, the backed circ/hold JS scripts are the ones that
> > PINES uses (in the 1.0 branch of CVS) and so will have plenty of code
> > that won't work on a freshly installed EG.  My suggestion would be to
> > move to a 1.1 version -- the dependencies haven't changed much, so you
> > should be able to upgrade fairly easily -- as we've cleaned out (or at
> > least moved) many of the PINES-specific things in CVS.
>
> For the impatient:
>   I just added a Trustee and Outreach group.  Ran autogen, and all is
> well.
>

> > Short of a full upgrade, you could copy the backend javascript from a
> > 1.1 tarball or from CVS head into place.  There shouldn't be any
> > problem with that.  This has a problem of it's own, which is what Dan
> > ran into.  There is a syntax error in one of the scripts in CVS which
> > Bill (Erickson) is fixing that as I type, so your best bet is probably
> > just to grab CVS in an hour or so and copy the files into place.
> > Approximately:

CVS HEAD (1.1) is updated to resolve Dan's syntax error issue -- it will
take a few minutes to propogate.  The default circ scripts assume duration,
recurring fine, and max fine rules called "default" in the database.  These
can be created in the admin cgi configs (usually found at
<myserver>/cgi-bin/circ-rules.cgi).  I'm talking to Mike about adding
example "default" rules to the 1.1. db builder script.

-bill

--
Bill Erickson
PINES Systems Developer