[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Checkout error

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:57:26 EDT 2007

On 25/04/07, Bill Erickson <billserickson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/25/07, Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org> wrote:
> >

> > Mike Rylander said the following on 04/25/2007 09:14 AM:

> > > Part of the duration calculation is a set of example exceptions that
> > > look for specific profile groups (in this case, Staff, Trustee and
> > > Outreach) and give them a different max fine level and, for Outreach,
> > > a different duration.
> > >
> > > By default, the Trustee and Outreach groups don't exist in the
> > > database.  However, the backed circ/hold JS scripts are the ones that
> > > PINES uses (in the 1.0 branch of CVS) and so will have plenty of code
> > > that won't work on a freshly installed EG.  My suggestion would be to
> > > move to a 1.1 version -- the dependencies haven't changed much, so you
> > > should be able to upgrade fairly easily -- as we've cleaned out (or at
> > > least moved) many of the PINES-specific things in CVS.
> >
> > For the impatient:
> >   I just added a Trustee and Outreach group.  Ran autogen, and all is
> well.
> >

> > > Short of a full upgrade, you could copy the backend javascript from a
> > > 1.1 tarball or from CVS head into place.  There shouldn't be any
> > > problem with that.  This has a problem of it's own, which is what Dan
> > > ran into.  There is a syntax error in one of the scripts in CVS which
> > > Bill (Erickson) is fixing that as I type, so your best bet is probably
> > > just to grab CVS in an hour or so and copy the files into place.
> > > Approximately:
>

>  CVS HEAD (1.1) is updated to resolve Dan's syntax error issue -- it will
> take a few minutes to propogate.  The default circ scripts assume duration,
> recurring fine, and max fine rules called "default" in the database.  These
> can be created in the admin cgi configs (usually found at
> <myserver>/cgi-bin/circ- rules.cgi).  I'm talking to Mike about adding
> example "default" rules to the 1.1. db builder script.
>

> -bill
>

> --
> Bill Erickson
> PINES Systems Developer
> Georgia Public Library Service
> billserickson at gmail.com
> http://open-ils.org

Bill:

Great!

On my walk into work this morning, I was thinking that a
"openils_samples" target might not be a bad idea. It would illustrate
how to load patrons, bib records, circ rules, etc directly into the
database, provide a standard set of sample data to write tutorials
around, and provide a template for sites to be able to create their
own load scripts for their own data.

I'll eventually get around to doing something like this if no-one else
does - if only for my own purposes.

Dan