[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Any other software necessary?

Noel Goodman goldenchild_gt at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 11:42:22 EDT 2007

Thanks Mike.

Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote: On 8/23/07, Noel Goodman  wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I just downloaded the evergreen client staff installer and want to know if
> evergreen needs any other software installed so it can function properly.
>
> I'm familiar with koha and several other pieces of software are required,
> such as mysql and perl.  Is evergreen similar in nature or are we good to go
> with the installation as is?

That's all you need if you are going to point the staff client at one
of the demo or dev server instances.  It's self-contained on the
client side (on Windows, at least).

If you want to try out the server locally then you'll need to set up a
server.  There are VMWare images available for that if you don't want
to go the full deployment route.  You can get those from the downloads
page at http://open-ils.org/ .

Equinox Software, Inc
miker at esilibrary.com
http://esilibrary.com/