[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Demo staff client install

Pam Soreide director at holdregelibrary.org
Fri Aug 24 14:50:39 EDT 2007

Hi-

I am a member of the Open Source project team here in Nebraska, and we are
interested in exploring the Evergreen product for possible use in a
consortium.

As part of that project, I am trying to install the demo version of the
staff client. Once the installation completes, it pops up a Startup/Shutdown
interface asking for the server hostname (I put in demo.gapines.org). When I
click the Re-Test Server button, it says

Status 200:OK

Version 200: OK

Where it asks for a userid/password I put in demo/demo123. When I click
Login, I get a splashscreen indicating an Unhandled Error. It says

FIXME: If you encounter this alert, please inform your IT/ILS helpdesk staff
or your friendly Evergreen developers.

Auth.session.init

LOGIN_FAILED

User login failed.

Check here to confirm this message.

OK       Report to HelpDesk        Debug

If I click OK, it just comes back up. Same with Debug. If I mark the
checkbox for Check here to confirm this message and click OK twice, the
splashscreen goes away, but I get it every time I try a different
userid/password, i.e. demo2/demo123 or demo3/demo123. I also tried one of
the passwords from the sample user list, but still get the same message.

Under Workstation, it says

Not yet configured for the specified server.

I am using a Windows XP Pro SP 2 workstation. Can someone tell me what I am
doing wrong?

Thanks very much.

Pam Soreide

Library Director