[OPEN-ILS-DEV] woodchip configuration management

Ed Summers ehs at pobox.com
Mon Aug 27 11:37:00 EDT 2007

On 8/27/07, Bill Erickson <erickson at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> Are we considering editing built-in XML config files "modifying the core
> framework"?  With my experiments thus far, those are the only changes I've
> had to make to existing components.

Yeah, I think editing the built-in XML config files is fine, as long
as we check 'em in somewhere and they can be overlayed by the build
process.

> Those changes are made to replace the LoginWorker code.   Hmm...  I'll do
> some poking around and see if there is an existing mechanism for overriding
> that (that doesn't involve editing the component XML files).  I doubt there
> is, though, since the class name itself is hard-coded in the XML files...
>
> ... and, if there is no mechanism, we may be able to submit a patch to OFBIZ
> that allows you to define symbolic names/variables to the java LoginWorker
> class, similar to the way they handle the configurable security class.

Definitely try to take a look at the examples David Jones mentioned
and see if they provide any guidance. If it's just XML changes I think
we could realistically keep them in woodchip svn and have the build
pull them and install them.

If it's ok I'm going to look into using ant to automate this build
process, get it checked in, and write it up on the wiki. For the
moment I'll just use the bibsearch component you wrote.

//Ed