[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Using the virtual image

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 18:53:50 EDT 2007

Noel Goodman wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've recently downloaded the VMWare version of the Evergreen server
> component on Gentoo and would like to know how to interface this with
> the windows staff client.
>
> -Evergreen on Gentoo requires several programmes (e.g. spidermonkey,
> ejabberd etc) to be pre-installed.  Would I still need to install
> those programmes?
>
> Is there a document on the matter? A link would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Noel - Univeristy of Guyana
>

> Image by FlamingText.com

> Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48255/*http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/_ylc=X3oDMTI5MGx2aThyBF9TAzIxMTU1MDAzNTIEX3MDMzk2NTQ1MTAzBHNlYwNCQUJwaWxsYXJfTklfMzYwBHNsawNQcm9kdWN0X3F1ZXN0aW9uX3BhZ2U-?link=list&sid=396545433>from
> someone who knows.
> Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
Hi Neil:

Along with the VMWare image, Dan has included a readme file that (I
believe) explains how to start the system completely and how to connect
with the staff client.  As I recall, the image requires that you create
some symlinks in order for the downloaded staff client to work.  When
you connect to the system, it will complain that such-and-such directory
wasn't found, so you just create a symlink inside the Gentoo image for
that directory...

The VMWare image should be all set to go.  For a scratch installation on
Gentoo,
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_prerequisites_on_gentoo.

I hope this helps clear some things up.  Don't hesitate to contact us
again if you need more clarification or have more questions.

Sincerely Yours,
--Don