[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Using the virtual image

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 18:23:40 EDT 2007

On 27/08/07, Noel Goodman <goldenchild_gt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've recently downloaded the VMWare version of the Evergreen server
> component on Gentoo and would like to know how to interface this with the
> windows staff client.

Great -- I'll try to help you out. Unfortunately I can't recall
whether I created the symbolic links that are required for the Windows
staff client (there's a version mismatch, which we can work around
with a symbolic link).

> -Evergreen on Gentoo requires several programmes (e.g. spidermonkey,
> ejabberd etc) to be pre-installed.  Would I still need to install those
> programmes?

No, those are already part of the VMWare image. The idea was to make
it as easy to test as possible, so you should be able to start up the
VMWare image and try it out right away.

> Is there a document on the matter? A link would be appreciated.

I tried to put the necessary steps into the README in the root
directory of the VMWare image, but if you're missing information, let
me know via the list and I'll try to beef it up in the next
incarnation of the image.

I've also put a copy of the README into the Evergreen wiki at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=vmware:gentoo

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University