[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Installaion Help Please

Eric Lesage lesagee at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Feb 7 21:19:13 EST 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Cory Fuchs wrote:

> Any hiccups or advice for installing OpenILS on Gentoo that you would
> like to pass along?

Hi,

I did a portage overlay for evergreen 1.0.1 a few weeks ago. You might try
starting from there, it could save you some time. It's at
<http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~lesagee/openils>. Note that it uses regular
system directories instead of /openils.

Also note that I haven't updated it for the released Marc::Record 2.0; it
uses a release candidate.

I haven't had much time recently to play with openils, but someone else on
the list seemed to have success with it. The staff client needs to be run
as root for now, until the client's code is changed not to store its
config in the system directories.

Good luck!

--
Eric Lesage