[OPEN-ILS-DEV] libjs

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 13:41:15 EST 2007

On 2/11/07, Bill Erickson <billserickson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today I noticed that Mozilla has released a 1.6 build of Spidermonkey
> (libjs) [1], which includes E4X support.   I've update the installation
> process on the wiki [2] to reflect this.

Halle-freakin-luia!  It's about time.  Good catch, Bill.  :)

Eric, I'm checking now to see if there's an ebuild for 1.6 and Joe,
this may make the Solaris effort simpler.

UPDATE: arg ... no ebuild for dev-lang/spidermonkey 1.6.  I'm not
familiar with the group working on it, nor with creating ebuilds, but
my hunch is that it wouldn't be too hard to get one going ... any
Gentoo-ish takers?

On a related note, rpmfind.net says there are packages for at least 3
flavors of Fedora, but packages.debian.org doesn't find any .debs.

(Not, of course, that this is /our/ community responsibility, but
perhaps someone on-list would know who to poke...)

-miker

mrylander at gmail.com
GPLS -- PINES Development
Database Developer