[OPEN-ILS-DEV] libjs

Eric Lesage lesagee at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Feb 11 16:12:48 EST 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, Mike Rylander wrote:

> On 2/11/07, Bill Erickson <billserickson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Today I noticed that Mozilla has released a 1.6 build of Spidermonkey
>> (libjs) [1], which includes E4X support.   I've update the installation
>> process on the wiki [2] to reflect this.
>
> Halle-freakin-luia!  It's about time.  Good catch, Bill.  :)
>
> Eric, I'm checking now to see if there's an ebuild for 1.6 and Joe,
> this may make the Solaris effort simpler.
>
> UPDATE: arg ... no ebuild for dev-lang/spidermonkey 1.6.  I'm not
> familiar with the group working on it, nor with creating ebuilds, but
> my hunch is that it wouldn't be too hard to get one going ... any
> Gentoo-ish takers?

Hi,

I'll be making an ebuild in my tree along with 1.0.2 (thanks about that
BTW), at least until it gets picked up by the official tree. It should be
no more complicated that the version I already provide (based on CVS). I
started working on this earlier today.

The way I read their web page, the focus is on 1.7 now:
http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/release-notes/JS_160.html

Now, if only libdbi would release ;-)

--
Eric Lesage