[OPEN-ILS-DEV] libjs

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 16:41:38 EST 2007

On 2/11/07, Eric Lesage <lesagee at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, Mike Rylander wrote:
>
> > On 2/11/07, Bill Erickson <billserickson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Today I noticed that Mozilla has released a 1.6 build of Spidermonkey
> >> (libjs) [1], which includes E4X support.   I've update the installation
> >> process on the wiki [2] to reflect this.
> >
> > Halle-freakin-luia!  It's about time.  Good catch, Bill.  :)
> >
> > Eric, I'm checking now to see if there's an ebuild for 1.6 and Joe,
> > this may make the Solaris effort simpler.
> >
> > UPDATE: arg ... no ebuild for dev-lang/spidermonkey 1.6.  I'm not
> > familiar with the group working on it, nor with creating ebuilds, but
> > my hunch is that it wouldn't be too hard to get one going ... any
> > Gentoo-ish takers?
>
> Hi,
>
> I'll be making an ebuild in my tree along with 1.0.2 (thanks about that
> BTW), at least until it gets picked up by the official tree. It should be
> no more complicated that the version I already provide (based on CVS). I
> started working on this earlier today.

Releases should happen much more often now ... we're trying to turn
things around and do release /to/ PINES instead of /from/, as has been
the case until now (for all of 2 releases ;) ).

> The way I read their web page, the focus is on 1.7 now:
> http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/release-notes/JS_160.html
>
> Now, if only libdbi would release ;-)

I have a /little/ sway there, since it's mostly my patches that have
gone in since the last release.  I'll give a nudge in that direction
and we'll see what happens.

Thanks, Eric!

mrylander at gmail.com
GPLS -- PINES Development